Your Personal Information and the data created by your Alea devices and Alea mobile app belong to you. You have the right to have a copy of your Personal Information and Device Data at any time, and to have that data removed from our system if you so choose.
If we collect your information, we will safeguard it. This safeguard extends through the lifecycle of your data. Personal Information is only sent or stored on third-party systems when they abide by these principles as well.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
When you register for the Services or pre-order certain products, we ask you to provide certain information such as your name, shipping address, email address, payment or credit card information, and phone number. We also collect information when you register for email updates, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, or any other information you choose to provide to us.
Additionally, you may sign up through our website to join our listserv (“Listserv”) and learn more about Alea and our current and future products and services. If you sign up for our Listserv, we will send you information about Alea and our current and future products and services at the email address you provided when you signed up. We may collect information about you regarding your participation on our Listserv including any responses we receive from you.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the search terms you enter.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services, such as information from our partners, advertisers, and social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services, such as to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Alea and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Alea and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Comply with our legal obligations;
- Enforce, or otherwise use in connection with, any terms governing the use of our Services; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our terms of service, user agreements, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Alea or others;
- With other users of our Services with your consent;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Alea and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Third Party Apps and Integration
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Alea is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Your California privacy rights
As of January 1, 2020, residents of California have additional rights related to their Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
You have the right to request that Alea discloses what Personal Information it collects, uses and discloses. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information stored by Alea. For more information on this right, see Removing my Personal Information section below under “Your Choices”.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale your Personal Information by Alea. Since we do not sell your Personal Information, you are deemed to have opted out.
You have the right to have an authorized agent make a request under the CCPA.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Alea for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To request a printed copy of this disclosure from Alea pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at:
Alea Labs Inc.
1735 E. Bayshore Rd. #29B
Redwood City, CA. 94063
You may update, correct, or delete information about yourself at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Removing my Personal Information
If you do not wish Alea to have a copy of your Personal Information, you can request its removal by sending an email to Alea Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to protect your access to the Alea services and to guard against mischief or theft, Alea will contact you to confirm your request and may request additional Personal Information solely for the purpose of authenticating the legitimacy of the request. Following such a request, Alea will delete all Personal Information that it is not required to retain for the purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. Alea may also retain such data for the purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention, and detection.
As your Personal Information may include your email address, any Alea account data associated with this email address must also be deleted. Due to the nature of internet-connected devices, deletion of this Alea account data will remove the ability to remotely control your Alea vents and gateways via the web or mobile app. You can create a new Alea account and restore services for Alea devices, but all previously-collected data and settings will have been permanently deleted.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Alea by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference available in many web browsers which allows you to inform websites you visit that you do not want them collecting information about you. Alea’s website does not respond to DNT signals. For further details regarding DNT, visit donottrack.us.